Monday, September 5, 2011

Bodily Distress Syndrome



I recently completed 8 illustrations for a hospital brochure explaining about what bodily distress syndrome is, what causes it and how it can be dealt with. The subject was rather complex so I had a sketch meeting with four doctors from the hospital, in order to be able to ask them the right questions and sketch in front of them, so they could see if my visual ideas explained the subject matter the right way. By choosing this way of working = sketching in front of the client, they are able to take part in the development of the images, and I can make sure that I understood the subject the right way and the way the images are intented to be used ... in this case in a brochure and as powerpoint slides. These images top priority is not to 'sell the story', but to explain the content.
These are some of the sketches I made during the meeting.

No comments: