Sunday, November 20, 2011

sketches from Alte Pinakothek, Munich


Last Thursday I attended as a graphic recorder, a workshop for Siemens, which took place in the Freising near Munich. The day after I had time to take the train to Munich, so I could manage to see the world's largest collection of Peter Paul Rubens at the Alte Pinakothek before I had to go home by plane.
Besides an impressive collection of his works, there are also some pictures of Frans Hals, Hieronimus Bosch, Fredrich D├╝rer and many other great paintings in the old assembly.
To me Rubens is the origin of Superhero comics. When I look at his paintings it's like looking at an epic battle from a page in a Marvel Comic Book.

To learn more about the fantastic work of Peter Paul Rubens please visit: https://www.artsy.net/artist/peter-paul-rubens

No comments: